Friday, September 8, 2006

About Me

I'm a 24-year-old personal financial fledgling living in NYC. (Read: I'm saving as much moolah as NYC will allow a person to save.) I'm working at my first post-BA, full-time job (with no student loans might I add!). Oh, and I've recently commited myself to the goal of closing on my first home before age 28 too.

A home is a big debt to invite, so in the midst of trying to find and carve out a career, I'm saving as much as I can to make a home purchase possible within 4 years. I found so much useful information in the personal finance blogosphere that I wanted to use it to document my own progress, not to mention maybe even help someone else out if I chance upon some useful information.

Right now, I'm trying to learn things like:

  1. more ways to save;
  2. budgeting;
  3. earning side money in ways that don't distract me from the pursuit of my elusive "dream career"; and
  4. better alternatives for managing the money I've saved so far (you know, aside from mattress-stuffing)
For the past year, I have meticulously logged and sorted my expenses - from $1 street carnival headbands to my first car. I moved back in with my parents after college so I could save on rent, and yes, I confess: I am hopeless at budgeting.

This blog is my way of tracking my financial developments now that I've saved up enough to have "assets." All reader comments, suggestions, and financial advice is appreciated, but be forewarned on one of the quirks of an English major: I like to revise - sometimes frequently and always fussily. So please bear with me anyway, and come back often!

No comments: