Saturday, March 10, 2007

Goodbye 5% Cashback Mastercard

I finally got my walking papers from Citibank's 5% cash back on purchases at gas stations, supermarkets and drugstores.

My letter came in the mail Thursday. The new terms for my Citi Dividend Platinum Mastercard take effect on 4/17/2007 - from whence I shall start earning 2% cash back on purchases at gas stations, supermarkets, drugstores PLUS utility bills (minus electric), cable, and convenience stores.

I could complain, but I know many had their DP Mastercard terms changed almost half a year ago, so all I can say is: It's been a good 2-year run! The good news is that I'm still not looking into getting a new credit card yet, because I've managed to significantly cut back on the bane of my financial life, better know as Eating Out. This makes a switch the Citi Professional card unnecessary for now - woot!

No comments: